Monday, June 1, 2009

Engagement Photography


David and I lucked out that one of our close friends, Luke, just happened to be a fantastic amateur photographer. Luke took our engagement photos as a wedding present, and I did the editing myself in Photoshop CS4. I think they turned out pretty great. Thanks Luke!


Rachael's Budget-Friendly Tips for Engagement Pictures:

* Use your talented friends and/or family!
If a close friend or family member has a good camera, go to a scenic location (or just one of your favorite hangout spots) and take a ton of pictures. Candids and posed pictures both work well, just try to capture the personality of you and your fiance. The key here is to take lots - and I mean LOTS - of pictures so you have a few really great shots.

* Edit your photos yourself using photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop.
If you don't have it, you can download a free 30-day trial from www.adobe.com. I used Adobe Photoshop CS4 for my photos, and am a self-proclaimed PS addict. It's pretty easy to do simple enhancement, perhaps I will do another post on do-it-yourself simple photo editing....

* Enlarge & print your photos yourself.
Sites like Wal Mart's online photo center allow you to chose from a variety of sizes and finishes and also allow you to preview your prints before you purchase them. It's extemely cheap, and I've always had great results. Stick them in a great frame, and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment